PE & Sport

The P.E. Curriculum at Worle Village Primary School operates on a ‘Sport for All’ philosophy, where children participate and develop their own physical skills and strategies according to their own abilities. For more able and/or competitive children there are opportunities to compete against children in other local schools in a range of sporting activities from individual fixtures to local and regional tournaments.

By enhancing the provision and raising awareness of sport and an active lifestyle, Worle Village Primary has been awarded the Silver Kitemark Award for the second year running.




Our aims are to:

  • Involve our pupils in the continuous process of planning, performing and evaluating all areas of activity
  • Provide activities in which all children may participate with enjoyment
  • Provide appropriate opportunities for competitive challenge
  • Encourage the development of positive attitudes and a healthy lifestyle
  • Ensure safe practice during physical activity

All staff at Worle Village promote and encourage sportsmanship, team spirit and the need to improve performance through healthy physical activity.

Sports Premium

PE Funding...What is it?

School Sports funding is specific money put into primary schools by the government to improve PE for every child.

What does it mean for Worle Village Primary?

For us that means we have £8,889 this year.

We have already worked hard this year to provide excellent PE experiences throughout the school, including improving the outside space and playground area and ensuring there is two hours of timetabled PE a week per child. But we want to raise the profile of PE, increase participation in competitive 'inter' (between schools) and 'intra' (between each other) school sport and improve the knowledge of the teachers so that when we no longer receive the funding we have a legacy of quality provision.

To read more about how we have used our funding this year please click on the following link:

Sport Premium Spending 2016/17 


The National Curriculum requires that children leaving Primary School are able to swim at least 25 metres. Our current Swimming Policy is to provide swimming lessons to all children in Year 6 that are unable to swim 25 metres. Our Year 3 pupils swim attend swimming lessons during the summer term. Last year 85% of our pupils could comfortably swim 25m and the other 15 % had extra swimming coaching throughout the year (and at school camp) to try to achieve our whole school target.

At Worle Village Primary school we believe swimming is a hugely important life skill, which is why we ensure all children leave us with the opportunity to learn water safety and gain confidence in the water whilst learning to swim. 

Extra Curricular Clubs

At Worle Village we offer a wide range of Extra Curricular Sports Clubs to give our children additional opportunities to access sport in a fun, safe and welcoming environment.

Here is a list of our current clubs.



Mrs Jones

      Monday 3.30-4.30pm



Mrs Hathway

      Thursday 3.30-4.30pm (KS1)

                  3.30- 5.00pm (KS2)       

KS1 & KS2


The school was awarded Healthy School Initiative status, which promotes exercise and a sensible balanced diet.